Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ice Skating Party

Let me tell you the very best way to give yourself a sore lower back. Help a 3 year old go ice skating, like so:


One lap around and I was about done with that!! I have vague memories of begging my parents to take me around the ice rink just the same way, and wondering why they never wanted to do it for very long. Parenthood brings with it all sorts of clarity on the distant past.

What brought us to the skating rink? It was a birthday party for a coworker of mine's son. Bless her heart, the woman is 8 months pregnant and still manages to throw a birthday bash for 35 kids.

Lily had a great time. She took off her skates and then begged to put them back on to go back out on the ice - not once, but twice! And being the sucker that I am, I cooperated with all the lacing and unlacing.

During one of the skating breaks, she ate some pizza. Yes, that is white frosting on it.


This was taken during the only 10 seconds that she released her death grip on me:

It really was fun, though - ice skating is the sort of thing that I always like doing, but never think to go do. If that makes sense :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment