Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mommy the bandit runner!

I made an impromptu decision last night that I was going to run the Pinehurst Turkey Trot 10k this morning. When they stopped taking registrations before the listed time, I wasn't going to let the lack of a bib number or time chip stop me!! So I ran my first race as a bandit runner. In bigger races you can get kicked out for that, but since this is small-town NC, I knew I'd be OK. Didn't get a t-shirt, but had lots of fun!!

It has been a long time since I've run a race - way too long - and even though this was just 6.2 miles, it felt so great to be among a pack of runners again. The 10 minute first mile (thanks to dodging past all the baby strollers and getting stalled by the three-abreast walkers), the great feeling of really picking up the pace halfway through and passing plenty of dudes, and - best of all!!! - Lily and Dave waiting for me at the finish line!!!!


Pure fun. I'm not sure if I have the time in my life right now for full-marathon training, but I definitely need to schedule some half marathons. I love it too much not to make it a priority!!

No comments:

Post a Comment