Friday, October 7, 2011

Fort Bragg Renaissance Faire (from a few weeks ago)

A few weeks ago, I took Lily to the Fort Bragg Renaissance Faire. There are a few good pictures worth posting, so I figured I'd put them on here.

Those of you who knew me in the high-school era know that I used to be a frequenter of Renaissance Festivals. I didn't walk around with a costume on or with an affected British accent, but... still. It has been a hot minute since I've been to one, though, so I thought it'd be fun to check out Fort Bragg's. While it was a far cry from the good old Ohio Ren Fest, it was still kind of fun despite the chilly, drizzly weather.
We shot a bow and arrow, and no one was injured. We almost went on a pony ride - that fell through as we got within 50 yards of the "pony" and realized it was more like a huge war horse (I wish I'd taken a picture!). Lily wanted nothing to do with that giant horse. Maybe next time.

We (Dave and I, he joined us for the fun that morning) also made ourselves sick eating enormous smoked turkey legs. Neither of us could finish ours - we easily could have shared one! Like White Castles, one of those turkey legs is enough to last a decade before it starts to seem like a good idea again.

Finally, Lily wanted desperately to go inside the "ice cream house". Thanks to the bad weather and the poor ice cream girl's nonexistent business that morning, she was persuaded to let us in for a photo op.


No comments:

Post a Comment