Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend kitchen adventures

Ahh, another weekend. There isn't much relaxing around here, but at least it's a chance to have some fun.

Dave and I started the weekend off by making dinner Friday night. At one point while we were cooking, Lily was entertaining herself by moving a bunch of apples back and forth from one bowl to another. We must not have been paying close enough attention, because when I looked over at what she was doing, I noticed that she had taken one bite each out of four apples!! I couldn't help but just laugh!

Serves me right for being too distracted! And, anyway, if she's eating apples, I'm pretty much a happy mom.

The next morning, I decided to use the quail eggs I'd gotten in the last week's delivery from Carolina Grown. (It's sort of a CSA, but you can choose what you want online. I love it. If you live in NC and you're interested, I highly recommend that you check out www.carolinagrown.org).

Aren't they cute little eggs?


Lily had a lot of fun moving them from counter to table and lining them up in a row.


As she was talking about the "cute little eggs," she said to them "aww, little babies, your mama will be back soon." Clearly, she did not get the tragic sadness of her statement, but I was a little bit horrified.

We cooked them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment